173 Squadron History
The Squadron was formed on October 15th, 1942 under the command of Flight Lieutenant V.P. Carswell, when the Rotary Club of Trenton Ontario decided to sponsor an Air Cadet League Squadron for two years. The squadron's parades were held in the basement of College Street School where 40 cadets were trained twice a week. On October 16th, 1944 The Trenton Rotary Club decided to terminate their sponsorship of the squadron. Fortunately for the squadron, the sponsorship was immediately picked up by the city's public High school: Trenton High School where it remains to this day. Currently the squadron maintains a strong membership of cadets, officers, and Civilian Instructors, plus several volunteer members of the Canadian Forces as Instructing Staff.
Past Commanding Officers
This is a list of the Commanding Officers for the squadron from 1942 to the present day.